Which is a little bit absurd because, ya know, this is a recipe blog and all. But. I've been horribly sick since last Wednesday and have absolutely no desire to make any food. Or even write about it! So I'm doing something different today. Today is the third installment in my Best of Everyday Desserts series. You can find part 1 here and part 2 here.
Today we're talking cupcakes. I've rounded up ten of my favorite recipes from over the years and I've got all the links to them and pictures below.
10) Hot Chocolate Cupcakes - chocolate cupcakes are taken to an entirely new level with the addition of hot cocoa frosting. Love these!
9) Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes - these cupcakes combine chocolate + peanut butter, a tried and true classic pairing, and everyone will love these.
8) Chocolate Cheesecake Cupcakes - fudgy, brownie-like chocolate cupcakes are topped with seriously rich cream cheese frosting to make one decadent cupcake.
7) Simple Vanilla Cupcakes - these are classic. Perfect vanilla cupcakes topped with perfect vanilla buttercream; it doesn't get better than this!
6) Chocolate Banana Frosted Cupcakes - chocolate + banana, aka one of my all-time favorite combinations, are the star of the show in these cupcakes. love!
5) Fluffernutter Cupcakes - I remember being a little wary when making these because I'm not huge on peanut butter unless there's chocolate involved, but I could not have been more wrong. These cupcakes are ridiculously delicious and the frosting is just unreal!
4) Banana Cream Cupcakes - banana is one of my favorite flavors, so I completely loved these cupcakes. Pretty and delicious is always a winner in my book.
3) Cookie Dough Stuffed Cupcakes - cookie dough. that's all.
2) Brownie Cupcakes - these aren't even your typical cakey cupcake, but they were so unbelievably good and addicting that I had to include these. These cupcakes are one of my favorite things I've ever made.
1) Banana Boat Cupcakes - moist and fluffy banana cupcakes topped with a light chocolate frosting is already insanely good, but add a pretzel crust? it just takes these cupcakes completely over the top. The combination of flavors and textures is unreal and result in one of the best things I've ever made.
That's all for now. I'll be back on Wednesday with an actual recipe [...if I survive. kidding! kinda..]